Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Our Favorite Cookie


I'm trying to cook more things homemade, starting with cookies. I adapted this recipes from the back of a chocolate chip bag to make it healthier. Try this first


Oatmeal Squash Cookies


1 c. all purpose flour

1 1/4 c. oats (I use the instant kind)

1 tsp salt

1 tsp baking soda

1 stick butter, softened

1/2 c. pureed squash ( I make my own, but you can use baby food or applesauce)

2 eggs

1 tsp vanilla

1/2 c. granulated sugar

1/2 c. brown sugar

1/2 c. M n M candies


Preheat oven to 350. Grease cookie sheets. Mix flour, oats, salt & baking soda, then fold in remaining ingrediants. Drop by tablespoon fulls on cookie sheet and bake 10- 15 minutes. Yields 3 dozen.


This is just one variation. Try chocolate chips, raisins, peanut butter, white chocolate chips & nuts, cranberries, or just plain. My kids love them and never know they have a vegetable in them! My next homemade tackle will be bread. If you know a good, easy starter recipe, let me know.

0 comments: